PAGES

contradiction

Thursday, April 21, 2011


"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes." ~Walt Whitman

If we're being honest, I often say one thing and do another. Not always bad. Sometimes I say I don't like something, like a song I hear buzzing on the radio. I might immediately change the station with a look of disgust on my face. The next time that song comes on, there's a good chance I'm turning the volume up over toddler screams, and singing away. I just had to learn the words.

The same is true for various parts of life. I remember a time when I made a decision and my younger brother said, "I thought you said you weren't going to do that anymore?!" To which I replied, "Don't ever listen to anything I say."

So, needless to say, I like what Walt said- "I am large. I contain multitudes."

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger