PAGES

Fighting Christmas Perfection

Saturday, December 21, 2013

If you currently read any "mommy blogs" or look at Pinterest, for that matter, you know that moms all over are running around shopping for organic wooden baby toys ( because they're cuter), moving the Elf every night, creating crafts, celebrating every day of Advent, baking treats and three course meals all while wearing heels, a Christmas apron and sipping spiked eggnog.

That is just not reality for some of us. I've tried to do "Christmasy" things this month while at home with Cash but let's be honest, he's 7 months old and couldn't care less whether or not we are being festive every day in December. The other day I told Jake that I felt guilty because I hadn't done enough to celebrate Cash's first Christmas season. After my confession I quickly snapped out of it.

Jesus is the reason for this season and how many cookies I bake (which is zero because my oven's broken) or how many gifts I buy is irrelevant. 



We will never be perfect and our Christmas will never be perfect. But many people would say lying a newborn baby in a manger surrounded by farm animals isn't perfect either. And we all know how that story ends.

So, we are going to continue fighting Christmas perfection over here. Don't sweat it if your kids are wearing mismatched pajamas instead of holiday stripes on Christmas morning, while opening cheap plastic toys. Just make sure they know the story of the baby wrapped in swaddling cloths lying in a manger.



No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger