PAGES

House #1- The Palace

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Before I start posting photos of the new house and her progress I thought it would be fun to take a little walk down memory lane. We are currently in our fifth house together in three years. The other 4 were rentals but played a part in where we are today so let's have a look.
Our first house we lovingly refer to as The Palace. It was anything BUT.
(Layla and the little girl I used to nanny for having a stare-down)

As much as I hated that house I'm bummed I don't have better photos of it. You can see in the picture above that the kitchen was painted green and orange. For some reason I thought that was a great idea and I'll never forget my mom and Jake staying up till 2 am painting it while I slept. We soon found out that no color looks good with orange laminate trim.
That house sure holds some memories. Like the night we had just moved all our stuff in and the fuel oil furnace exploded in our landlord's face. I thought he would go blind. Didn't know fuel oil was still used to heat homes in 2009? Well, it was. There was oil EVERYWHERE and the house reeked  so we spent that first night back at Jake's townhouse asleep on the floor. Then proceeded to spent the night week at an extended stay motel while propane was being installed. Fun, fun.
(The kids taking Layla for a walk around our big backyard.)
I should also mention that the house was damp all.the.time. It was close to swamp land and I swear the foundation was sinking. We used our dehumidifier constantly and would have to take turns coming home at lunch to empty the water. It was that bad. One time I even found mold growing in one of my favorite pairs of shoes.
The house did have its perks though. The location was good, out of town but not too far, it had a nice big deck on the back, a huge yard with the perfect spot for bonfires-which we enjoyed. The yard really was ideal for Layla and was definitely our favorite thing about the house.
(My favorite flowers on our first diningroom table)
We lived there for a total of four months.I found a new place and had a our stuff moved out before Jake even realized what was happening. We said goodbye to The Palace and moved on...

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger