PAGES

can't change the world

Monday, September 13, 2010

Lately I've felt like I'm not doing what I should be doing. Like, I'm missing my calling. I know timing is everything, and maybe I have areas to grow in before reaching my full potential. Ok, I definitely have areas to grow in:) A couple of weeks ago, Jake and I were talking about someday when we have children and I asked him whether or not he would feel guilty bringing more children into this world when there are already so many without homes, without mamas and daddys who love them. And he said no. He wants to have his own children, and I do as well. I just have such a burden for the children who already exist and are barely surviving without love and affection, and two parents to teach them the ways of the world, and most importantly, the ways of God. Jake tried to remind me that I, alone, cannot change the world. And I know it's true. I do not have the means to adopt every child left behind. (Like the one whose mother left her 1 day old infant body in a shed behind her house to die.- in my very own county.) But there must be something I can do. Something that will bring me fulfillment along with benefitting the less fortunate?

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger