PAGES

Confession: I don't really cook.

Monday, September 20, 2010

A friend once sent me a wooden plaque from Tennessee that read: "I only have a kitchen because it came with the house." And then he wrote on the back, "Saw this and it made me think of you right away!"
Thanks?

I don't really cook. It's no secret. I used to tell Jake, "After we get married, I'll start cooking!" Now that we're married, it's "Once we have children, I'll start cooking."
Needless to say, he doesn't think it's ever going to happen. Which I can imagine is sad for a man who likes to eat as much as he does.
Sure, I can whip up some spaghetti with the best of them, or a nice salad, but don't expect anything even close to a gourmet meal. I haven't the slightest idea how to approach it.


I hope one day I also learn to love cooking. But until then- I can still appreciate a good kitchen right? It might even make me want to cook.

Exhibit A:
If this was my kitchen, you better be darn straight I'm in that kitchen day in and day out. Designer Tommy Smythe knows exactly how to get a woman cooking.

I like eat-in kitchens the best, because just like Julia Child, I like to eat.
But honestly, get a load of the french doors, brick flooring, lantern light fixture, cararra marble, and floor to ceiling wine storage? Yes, please.

Will somebody please tell my husband that someday when we build a house, if he agrees to give me my dream kitchen, I'll quit my job and commit myself to serving him in the kitchen?!



Photos via pinkwallpaper & la dolce vita



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Karlee! I never cooked when I first got married and started cooking more when I had my first kid. After 2,3, and 4 I started cooking alot more. I have never been a "natural" cook and the last couple of years I have been following food blogs. I love them because they have step by step directions and pictures!! My family loves me for the variety of delicious meals I cook. It makes me happy to cook for them and having all of these recipes at my finger tips is great! If you want some good ones, let me know and you can surprise Jake with something that seems fancy but was really easy. :)

karlee said...

Carrie, what food blogs do you read? I need a couple of easy dishes to make!

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger