PAGES

Powerless

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Isn't it amazing how in the worst of times we decide to finally rely on God? As if He were a last resort, rather than a first. I'm guilty of this. Just when I think I have everything together- things are going well financially, physically, and relationally- then BAM! Something falls apart, I'm brought back down to earth and I remember once again, to lean on the Lord. I read this in my devotional the other day and it has really stuck with me:

"Relax in my everylasting arms. Your weakness is an opportunity to grow strong in awareness of My Almighty Presence. When your energy fails you, do not look inward and lament the lack you find there. Look to Me and My sufficiency; rejoice in My radiant riches that are abundantly available to help you.
Go gently through this day, leaning on Me and enjoying My Presence. Thank Me for your neediness, which is building trustbonds between us. If you look back on your journey thus far, you can see that days of extreme weakness have been some of your most precious times. Memories of these days are richly interwoven with golden strands of My intimate Presence."
(Jesus Calling by Sarah Young)

There have been times in my life where I have been lonely, or heartbroken, or very sick, and I felt like I would crumble if it weren't for my faith in God; in His goodness, grace, mercy, forgiveness, and unconditional love. So, I learned to rely on Him. Now I'm on a lifelong journey to making this a part of my everyday life, even when the sun is shining, everyones healthy and I feel I have the world at my fingertips, because that could all change in a heartbeat. And on our own, we are simply....... powerless.

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger