PAGES

Haiti- Part II

Friday, July 8, 2011

See? Precious.

The children of Haiti are precious. A few know phrases in English, like "what's your name?" But most just communicate in other ways. I tried my best to learn a few key questions in creole, such as "What is your name?" and "How old are you?" However,  the majority of the time we just communicated through smiles, hugs, hand holding, and piggy back rides.

I feel in love with this 11 yr old at the Victorious Kids Orphanage.

These children are resilient. Maybe it's because they are survivors. They go days without food and live with illnesses that would bring a grown man to his knees. 400,000 of them are without parents or any family at all. We had the privilege of visiting two orphanages during our stay. The one at Mission of Hope houses 60 children and these children live in conditions most Haitian children only dream of. MOH is a christian organization doing amazing things all throughout Haiti.

This little girl was tuckered out.
I almost put this baby in my backpack and brought him home.
a sweet boy I met at church
Meet Jeremiah. He's a mover and a shaker.
See my bracelets? They were given to me by my new Haitian friends.

The second  was Victorious Kids Orphanage. A man named Oscar took 20 orphans into his home after the earthquake and trusts that God will provide for them everyday. This man doesn't have an easy job, but he sure has a lot of faith.

The older kids sang us songs. One of them was "I have decided to follow Jesus." In English.

The sad reality is, those 20 children had not eaten in several days. When I heard that I had to walk away. I had a breakdown and a little heart to heart with God. Life on earth is SO unfair.


Stay tuned for more on my trip to Haiti....





No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger