PAGES

heart's stir

Tuesday, October 18, 2011


Leading up to, and since my return from Haiti, I have often been asked "Why there?", "Why, help those people and not people in your own country?"
And I guess my answer is, because there's a need. I had the opportunity to serve some of "the least of these" and I took it. I continue to raise awareness and help raise funding for my friend Manes in Haiti, and because of that I now get asked "Why him?"
I know there are people just outside my front door who could probably use help or financial assistance in some way, but God gave me the opportunity to go to Haiti, to meet someone a world away, learn his story, and grow to love him for a reason.
No prejudices here, I would help anyone in need if I could, given the opportunity. But sometimes God places people in our lives for a reason and when you feel your heart stir there is no denying the fact that it's time to step up.


No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger