PAGES

Thirty- part 2

Friday, October 14, 2011


We decided to keep on celebrating, if you will. We met up with one of Jake's good buddies from college, got a hotel room for a couple of nights and just did our thing. I can't lie and say the whole weekend was about Jake because he did kind of spoil me and let me have the better part of the day Saturday to go shopping (and its been so long!). But we also had some nice dinners, went out on the town, soaked in the hottub, and saw a movie.

This is what a 30 year old looks like:)
old buddies
acting crazier than we really are
first time riding the bull and he didn't even get my face!
Matt's turn

On Sunday Jake and I decided to visit the Henry Ford Museum before leaving town. If you remember, last year we checked out the Motown Museum- which we loved.
My review of the Henry Ford? It was awesome. Of course, I didn't think to charge my camera so I only got a few photos before the battery died:(

 A 1950's kitchen. We both agree that the 50s and 60s are our favorite decades--all around.
An original Allis Chalmers tractor. (per Jake's request:)
One of the first wagons used for transportation.
Us pretending to drive a New Holland. (hey, where did Jake's face go??)

And then the battery died. Unfortunately, I didn't get photos of my favorite things, such as the chair Abe Lincoln was sitting in when he was assassinated, the Rosa Parks bus that started the entire Civil Rights Movement, the limo JFK was sitting in when he was shot, plus tons of other cool historical things. Guess we will just have to go back! If you like history and have never been, check out the Henry Ford!

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger