PAGES

"Home Church"

Monday, November 21, 2011

I no longer feel like I have a home church. That is one of the downfalls of moving so frequently. Just when you start to feel at "home" somewhere, it's time to move again. I enjoy going back to the church I grew up in- although it has gone through a lot of changes and even switched buildings since I moved away.  I also like going back and visiting my most recent "home church" that I had to leave behind in June. But I don't have a steady Sunday morning retreat. I have quite a disfunctional "home church" life, and I hope that will change in the near future.

Sunday I went to church with a friend. It's a Baptist church. And I heard it was a little on the charasmatic side. 'That, I can do.' I thought. The first thing I noticed? The bright, colored foam microphone covers. Ya know, the ones from the 90's??

circa 1998, via my scrapbook

Yes, that's me in the orange. Sara's in the yellow and Krista's in the green-with matching mic covers, respectively. Aren't you loving the crooked teeth, hairclips, and baggy jeans? The 90's ruled.

It turns out the pastor had a good message to share, and being in a room full of believers is better than sitting home watching the ever-present catholic mass on television anyday...and it sure brought back some good memories!


No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger