PAGES

Project: Glitter High Heels

Thursday, November 17, 2011


I bought these gold high heels at a "barn sale". Yes, I said barn sale. They were 50 cents. I had an idea to spice them up for the holiday season.
Insert fabric glue and multicolored sparkles!
I coated the heels in fab glue, then over a shoebox, sprinkled the glitter all over them.


These photos were taken shortly after so there are some stray sparkles scattered about. The shoes really need 2 good coats.


You can see in the photos that I needed to reapply in a couple of spots, which I went back and did later. A little trick is to give the shoes a coat of hairspray and that keeps most of the glitter from falling off and tracking everywhere.


Now I'm ready to pair my "new" heels with my new emerald green silk shirt for holiday parties!

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger