PAGES

A Woman's Worth

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I have a friend who is going through a rough time right now. She and her husband haven't been married very long and I believe they are going through what people call "the 7 year itch." Well, he is. Not her. She adores him and is willing to go to great lengths to heal whatever is broken between them. He does not share her heart for reconciliation. This is my first friend with REAL marriage trouble. When she cries, I cry. When her heart aches, so does mine. (Not quite as bad, I'm sure.) I have been praying for them constantly, asking God to do a miracle in their relationship. This girl is beautiful, smart, sweet, posesses a servants heart, and a quiet spirit- anyone would be lucky to have her. I reminded her of these things this morning, and then I was reminded of a time I felt un-important, and taken forgranted. That was the night God whispered to me this letter:

You're of far greater worth than rubies, not only for what you say and do, but because I fearfully made you. I see your heart, I formed your future. No one could love you as purely and passionately as I do. You could never be devalued, because you are precious in my sight. You're stamped with a purpose; spoken for. I'm your Savior, Redeemer, Healer, and Provider. Don't search for someone to take my place. I look at you, daughter, with complete adoration. You're more than anyone could ever hope for.

So, if there is anyone else out there made to feel like you're not worth much, not good enough, not pretty enough, whatever the insecurity may be, just remember that God formed you. He made you exactly the way you are, for a specific purpose. If those around you (husbands included) can't see you for all that you really are, it is time to set some boundaries.
To be continued....

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger