PAGES

simple life

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lately I've been thinking about the future; Where we will live, what we will do. This first year of marriage is  a "transitional" period for us. At this point, we could end up anywhere. Of course, I'm praying it's south of here! (as HUGE snowflakes hit the ground.) I can definitely imagine living in a southern town, preferably on the outskirts of a big city. (Think- Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia..) I want to live in a big farm house, either renovated or built from the ground up, on several acres. I told Jake we could get chickens, and cows, and start our own little farm. lol. He didn't fall for it because he thinks he'll be the one taking care of them all. I guess milking cows probably isn't my thing.
But we will definitely have a couple dogs, and maybe even a little pony (seemed like less work than "horses"...baby steps, people.) Maybe my fascination with living on a farm comes from the fact that my family lived in a barn for 9 months in Colorado. For those of you who don't know me, it honestly was a barn...and that's what all the kids on the school bus called it:) But there was an outside entrance to the upstairs, that opened up to a two bedroom apartment. Which is where I actually shared a BED with my little brother for nine months! Thank God, it was only my 6th grade year and I clearly had more patience back then. I would find sand in the bed, you name it....
I want to live like Little House on the Prairie, with a few more modern conveniences! Live on lush, green rollings hills, like in Kentucky, where the future kids and Layla have a lot of room to run, and the weather's mild enough to ride bikes 8 months out of the year. I want to look out the kitchen window and see horses grazing in the distance.

flickr


bhg


unknown

flickr


I LOVE this stone Pennsylvania home. Doesn't it look like the house from "Marley and Me?"


flickr
Perfect little, white, Tennessee farm house.


unknown.
The ideal white farm house...please, please:)



bhg
Every front porch needs a couple of rockers.
We will wear jeans, designer flannels, and have multiple pairs of wellies:)
Ahh...the life of a "farmer."

Go HERE to check out Carolyn Dawn Johnson's video "The Simple Life."

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger