PAGES

rock-hard-fake tans

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I've been a little delinquent with my posts and feel that this may continue throughout the week. As, this is a busy work week for me, and on top of that, I'm going to the gym again. My weight-lifting-obsessed husband got me a one month-free trial membership. Was that a hint that the pilates and running every so often wasn't cutting it? Or maybe he's just trying to help me out after hearing me complain about contemplating swimsuit shopping for the past month.
So, last night, I went. This gym is quite a bit different from our previous gym. The big guys with big arms, and loud grunts are somewhat inspirational to Jake, but you also can't help but notice the rock-hard bodied women with fake tans either. And they all hang out together. I'm an outcast of sorts, and I'm really ok with it. One thing that helped was the cute new work-out ensemble I was sporting. You can be in serious pain and still look good, right?
I tried staying focused while Jake directed me, "Straighten your back", "Stop lowering the weight when I'm not looking", and "Did you do all your reps?"
I miss working out alone:)
After an hour, it was back to the locker room with all of the rock-hard-fake-tans. One said to the other, "Chicken is on sale at Meijer for $7.99"
And they even eat healthy.
I'm sure I'll be back later with more work-out tales, but the dog just threw up after rough-housing with the monsters, so I must go.

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger