PAGES

emotional.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I find more and more how emotional I am. I can cry at the drop of a hat. It really freaks my husband out. Like, a good commercial can bring tears to my eyes in seconds. I cry when I hear a sad story about a complete stranger; Someone was mistreated, someone was abused, someone didn't feel loved...it all brings a storm of sad emotions. But then there are the happy ones- the story of the couple who tried getting pregnant for years, were almost finished with the adoption process, AND found out they were pregnant. You might as well hand over an entire box of kleenex because I'm going to need it.
But I've also found that I get great ideas, or make some decisions based on emotions. Like the fact that I'm totally obsessed with living on a farm in a big white house. I probably saw a beautiful white farmhouse one day and the idea took off from there. Next thing you know, I'm wanting to raise chickens! I can read a book about the way poultry is raised in the U.S., or how many hormones are injected into the meats we eat, and decide I want to be a vegetarian. It all depends on the day:)
Or I can see this picture and decide I want twin boys..badly.
(and pray I look that good afterward.)

Are other women like this, or is it just me?

If you're in the mood for an incredibly poignant read, go to Kelle Hampton's blog and read her daughter, Nella's birthstory. It is amazing, and I cried for 2 days:)

1 comment:

E said...

Oh gosh yes, I read that story and was a little pissed at the blogger who sent me over. I literally thought about it all day long and wanted to just go crawl back into bed.

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger