PAGES

the early bird catches the worm?

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I SO wish I was a morning person. That I loved to arise before the sun came up, brew a fresh pot of coffee, watch Good Morning America, and play with Layla, ALL before I had to go to work.


That is SO not me. I get out of bed 30 minutes before I have to leave, wash my face, brush my teeth, throw on some clothes and a dab of makeup (if I get that far), and am out the door. It was no different this morning. The alarm went off at 6, 6:05, 6:10, 6:15, and again at 6:20 (I had to be gone by 6:40 this morning). Finally, Jake said, "Are you ever going to get up? Your alarms gone off like 10 times." A bit of an exaggeration...but yes, it was ridiculous, I agree.
This morning, around 7:30, as I snuggled with Paige on the couch, tried to catch a couple winks while she watched "Handy Manny", I made a decision. When my alarm goes off in the morning, I am going to attempt to be annoyingly peppy. I'll say to myself, 'I can't wait to get up and start my day. Thank you God, for another day.'
Cheesy? Maybe so.
But I have never done it, so why not try? I'm tired of being the girl who needs time to "adjust" and grunts at her husband if it's anytime before 10 am.
Mind over matter, right?

1 comment:

Marla said...

Hi, I'm stopping over from Kelly's Korner. Your blog is super cute!

I'm not really a morning person, but I never use snooze. Instead, i set my alarm for the latest possible time and get up right when it goes off. I think sleep is much more restful that way.

http://asthefarmturns.wordpress.com/

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger